The communications department is responsible for promoting the ACLU of Missouri's mission, its brand and its programs through our website and social media. Assignments will offer the opportunity to learn about the breadth of the ACLU’s work and how the communications department supports the organization through branding, public relations, marketing, communications strategy, and producing content for the ACLU blog and website, and social media channels.
We are happy to work with interns and their education institution to receive academic credit for their time with us.
Spring and Fall semesters: 10-12 hours/week, Summer: 12-15 hours/week.
Depending on experience and interest, interns will gain marketing, digital/multimedia and/or strategic communications experience by:
- Creating and posting online content
- Conducting research on social media and digital campaign best practices especially as they relate to young adults
- Analyzing the effectiveness of existing online marketing campaigns
- Website and multimedia graphics and design
- Social media promotional design
- Print project support and report/white paper layout
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
This internship is open to all students who possess a strong interest in nonprofit marketing and communications, and who may have coursework or employment related to the Internship that includes:
- Current digital media tools and marketing practices
- Experience with social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, and other emerging platforms
- Strong written and communications skills
- Experience working with teams
- Digital design and/or print experience on Mac or PC
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- FinalCut or video editing skills welcome
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- Interest in civil rights and liberties
Applicants should send a cover letter indicating their area of interest (e.g. digital/multimedia or strategic communications), a writing sample (500 words or less), resume, and a list of three references to: