The ACLU of Missouri seeks a short-term independent contractor to lead their efforts as a member of the MO Ho Justice Coalition. This position runs for sixteen weeks. This role will manage relationships with community members, with the support of the ACLU Policy Department & the MO Ho Justice Coalition, and help draft accountability measures for new city elected officials as well as deepen public education about sex work decriminalization.
· Lead coalition to produce 100 days memo to advocate for LGBTQ equality with the new mayor
· Host 3-5 meetings with elected officials and city officials to raise awareness about the recent report and next action steps to decriminalize sex work and improve worker safety
· Host 1-2 events highlighting how the criminalization of sex work impacts St. Louis
· Deepen partnerships with Stop the Bleed, Metro Trans Umbrella Group & Sexual & Mental Health Care providers in the STL region to build a network of support for coalition efforts
· Facilitate coalition planning sessions to establish leadership structure and next steps for sustainability
· Assist with planning of Coalition retreat
· Schedule training sessions and meetings for Coalition
· Draft or assist with drafting 3-5 public education pieces from MoHoJustice Coalition members
· Experience growing Coalition organization partnerships through online activity, education trainings & community events
· Past experience publicly promoting the health, safety, and well-being of sex workers to reduce stigma.
· 1-2 years of organizing experience
· Total compensation for completion of this project will be $8,800, with invoices submitted and a check mailed every 2 weeks.
How to Indicate Interest in Position
Email a 1-2 page vision/work plan for what skills and capacity you would bring to the role (as well as what you would need to learn or need support with) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by March 19. This can be formatted in any way that shows how you would accomplish the above deliverables and does not have to be a resume/cover letter. Coalition leadership will review materials, offer interviews, and make a final offer by March 26.