The ACLU of Missouri seeks a short-term independent contractor to train coalition members in digital advocacy. This position will run for 14 weeks and start no later than March 29. This role will train coalition members to navigate reporter relationships, draft press releases, op-eds, blog content, track metric training, and use digital advocacy tools.
·Provide trainings to coalition members to deepen communications skills. Trainings shall include but not be limited to navigating reporter relationships, best practices with traditional media versus emerging media, how to draft press releases, op-eds, blog content, metrics training, and using digital advocacy tools.
· Host design workshop to train coalition members on how to build effective graphics
· Host website tutorial and engage in coalition planning to increase website traffic
· Produce new, weekly creative and video content for MO Ho Justice’s Coalition social networking platforms in tandem with 2-3 coalition leads
· Train coalition members on email system and develop rapid response protocols
· 1-2 years of communications experience
· Strong writing skills
· Coalition participation and leadership experience
· Media savvy
· Advanced graphic design skills
Total compensation for completion of this project will be $6,200, with invoices submitted and a check mailed every 2 weeks.
How to Indicate Interest
Email a 1-2 page vision/work plan for what skills and capacity you would bring to the deliverables (as well as what you would need to learn or need support with) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by March 13. This can be formatted in any way that shows how you would accomplish the above deliverables and does not have to be a resume/cover letter. Coalition leadership will review materials, offer interviews, and make a final offer by March 19.