ACLU-MO, in partnership with a new grassroots coalition working to Decriminalize Sex Work in Missouri, is requesting proposals for an independent digital organizing contractor to provide social media support, graphic design, and website creation. Please submit resume, cover letter and previously managed professional social media account links at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participate in the daily maintenance of the Decrim coalition’s online social media platforms including content updates and internal requests
- Produce creative and video content for Decrim Coalition’s social networking platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram proficient)
- Supply campaign social media and microsite visuals from conception to implementation including online presence, social outreach, videos and marketing
- Work with coalition to recruit participants for survey and help maximize the survey’s online presence through campaign and content development
- Create site map for the Decrim Sex Work microsite including overseeing project timelines and deliverables, and managing website content.
- Amplify the data & research work of our lead researcher, volunteers, coalition members, stakeholders, and principals via online engagement strategies.
- Assist in the execution of rapid response social media
- Recommend and initiate the use of new technologies and improvements to our work
- Two to four years’ work experience in digital organizing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in moving people to action online and offline
- Strong skills with social media, particularly Instagram and Facebook; analytics
- Ability to keep pace with the 24-hour news cycle and work quickly and accurately
- Experience with web content management systems and other social media analytics tools
- Team player and a positive attitude are necessary, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, focus on details and follow-up
- Well-rounded, creative type with a talent for communicating online
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Canva or other graphic editing applications
- 2-3 years experience with sex workers, gender-expansive, lgbt+ people and communities
**Individuals who have previously engaged in sex work, are trans/non-binary/LGBTQOIA+. or have personal experience in the criminal justice system are highly encouraged to apply.
Contract: 4 months [16 weeks]
Application materials will be reviewed as received and will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by August 5, 2020. Contract Period: Aug 10 – Nov 30
ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions. We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: email@example.com.