Canvasser (Part Time, Short-Term Contract Positions)
The American Civil Liberties Union of Missouri seeks several part-time, short-term contract field canvassers to work in St. Louis.
Must be able to work at least 3-5 hours per week.
- No experience required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
We're seeking several part-time, short-term contract field canvassers to sign up volunteers and help educate community members on cumulative voting. Canvass experience is a strong resume-builder and will help build the skills necessary for future political, community, or fundraising work. Apply by sending a letter of interest to email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis but immediate applications highly encouraged.
* Effectively communicate issues one-on-one to community members
* Completely and accurately record data
* Prioritize volunteer sign ups
Qualities and Abilities Required
* Canvassers must be skilled at engaging community members in conversation
* Canvassers must work well in a team and be flexible and adaptive to changing conditions
* Canvassers must be organized and clearly record canvass results in database
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
ACLU of Missouri Foundation undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions. We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.