Who's up for a roadtrip with ACLU of Missouri?
The 2019 legislative session is just getting started.
ACLU of Missouri’s goals for smarter justice this year are ambitious and paired with partnerships with coalitions, community members and elected officials. All roads to accomplish these goals end up in Jefferson City.
That’s why we need you. One of the greatest partnerships we make in this battle is with motivated, engaged Missourians like you.
This year, we are rallying in Jefferson City for the fourth annual ACLU of Missouri “Voices of Liberty” Lobby Day on Wednesday, March 13.
When you vote, you have a voice in the decisions that affect the lives of Missourians. But lobby day offers you another, personal and immediate opportunity to use your voice to engage directly with legislators about the issues that matter.
At Voices of Liberty Lobby Day, you’ll meet with your legislators to discuss ways Missouri can work toward smart justice and inclusion:
- Reducing mandatory minimum sentences
- Prioritizing community-based policing to end racial profiling
- Stopping the practice of shackling pregnant, imprisoned women
- Making sure Missouri’s nondiscrimination laws explicitly protect our LGBTQ communities
- Combatting the school-to-prison pipeline with equitable discipline changes
And that’s just a taste of what we have planned.
Take a stand and make your voice heard for smart justice at the Capitol. Join us for a road trip to Jefferson City. Transportation to Jefferson City will be provided from Kansas City and St. Louis.