The Legal Rights for Transgender Missourians was created by the Metro Trans Umbrella Group and the ACLU of Missouri to serve as a resource for those seeking to change their legal recognition. It is recommended that you hire an attorney to change your name and gender marker on legal documents. However, representation is not required.
The brochure provides a brief overview of the processes necessary to:
- Petition to Change Your Name
- Change Your Gender Marker
It also lists the current protections against:
- Employment Discrimination
- Public Accommodations Discrimination
- Fair Housing Discrimination
If you feel your civil liberties have been violated, file a complaint at www.aclu-mo.org/intake.